How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
In Clearwater, most people sell their cars at a Ocean Honda to reduce the price of a new vehicle they want to buy. This is typically referred to as a “trade-in”. The dealership will reduce the new vehicle price according to the agreed selling price of the vehicle you’d like to sell. You also have the option of selling the car to the dealership and saving the money to purchase a new one at a later time. Regardless of your plan, we’ll give you the knowledge and expectations to prepare you to sell your vehicle.
Selling Your Car: Preparation
You want to make your car look as good and updated as possible to get a high value. Selling your car to a dealership in Tampa is a simple process:
- Clean Up Your Car: Make sure to wash the interior of your vehicle extensively. Updating some of the vehicle parts such as the windshield wipers, floor mats or headlight bulbs is an easy way to increase its value. Detailing the exterior of your car will give it a shiny new look, which will help as well.
- List the Benefits Of Your Car: Create a clean, detailed report of your vehicle’s maintenance history and include the new features and trimmings you added to your car to increase the car’s attractiveness to dealerships like Ocean Honda.
- Easy Access to Your Car’s Title: You want to make sure you have quick and easy access to your car’s title during the selling process to speed up the process and get an offer faster.
- Know Your Car’s Value: You’ll need to know the average value of your car so you can have a starting negotiation price. Websites like Cars.com, Kelly Blue Book, or a dealership in Tampa will help you find a reasonable value for your car.
- Pick Your Dealership Wisely: Dealerships in Wesley Chapel generally accept newer or gently used cars regardless of their inventory. Older models tend to be more difficult to get a decent amount of money for, but going to a used car dealership may get you the money you’re looking for.
Selling Your Car: Expectations
Once you’ve done your research, these are the things you can expect for the remainder of the process:
- Make an Appointment: Talking to the finance department at Ocean Honda will be the fastest way to get your questions answered. They will walk you through the process to make sure your experience is seamless.
- Used Car Manager: Most dealerships in Port Richey will direct you to their Used Car Manager to handle the sale of your vehicle. They’ll compile your information, then run a vehicle history report on your car.
- Inspection: Be prepared for the Used Car Manager to send your vehicle to the service center for inspection. They will want to ensure quality and good mechanical condition.
- Consider the Offer: You can accept or find other offers for your vehicle depending on how much the dealership offers you. Have a number in mind so you can make a decision quickly and easily.
Selling Your Car: Benefits
There are a variety of benefits to selling your car:
- Save Time & Avoid Hassles: Selling your car privately can take up a lot of time that you may not have. Going through a dealership relieves you of having to vet potential buyers, invite strangers to your home for test drives, or dealing with online hassles.
- Lower Your New Car Price: Trading in your older vehicle gives you the opportunity to apply the trade-in value to your new car, therefore reducing the overall cost of the new car and the monthly payments.
- Save on Your Taxes: When you trade-in your current vehicle and purchase another vehicle from Ocean Honda, you only have to pay the sales tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of your new car.
Sell Your Car to Ocean Honda Today!
If you’re looking for a way to make your dream car more affordable or just need some extra cash, trading in or selling your is an efficient way to do so. If you’ve done your research and prepared to sell, contact our finance department to get the process started!
More from Ocean Honda
As the year draws to a close, many people begin to consider their financial decisions and investments. If you’re in the market for a new vehicle, buying it before the year ends can offer several advantages that are worth considering. Access to the Latest Models: Automakers typically release new models in the fall or late…
When it comes time to part ways with your current vehicle and find a new one, you have several options. One of the most convenient and beneficial choices is to trade in your car at a dealership. Streamlined Process: Trading in your car at a dealership simplifies the process of upgrading your vehicle. You can…
Whether to lease or buy a car is a decision that most prospective car owners must face. It’s not just about acquiring a vehicle; it’s about determining which financial path aligns with your lifestyle and long-term goals. Leasing: Pros of Leasing: Lower Monthly Payments: Lease payments are usually lower than loan payments for the same…