Should I Fix My Car Before Trading It In?
Trading in your current vehicle is a great way to get more money to put towards your new vehicle. That’s why you should do everything possible beforehand that will help increase the value of your vehicle and really make it stand out when the dealership inspects it. So, should you fix your car before trading it in? Learn what you should give a look, what to avoid, and everything else you should consider with Ocean Honda near Clearwater, and let us help your next trade-in go as smoothly as possible.
What Should You Fix?
Should you fix your car before trading it in? While you don’t have to give your car a total head-to-toe rebuild, it’s not a bad idea to fix your car before bringing it into a dealership for a trade-in. Here are some things you can do to increase the value of your car upon inspection:
- Give your car a wax/wash.
- Touch up any blemishes, scratches, or marks with paint or other material.
- Clean the inside of your vehicle as well as the windows and carpet.
- Have a local Tampa-area service center inspect your vehicle’s radiator, brake fluid, windshield washer, oil, transmission fluid, and headlamps to see that they are all in working condition.
While it’s not something you have to do, taking your vehicle into a service center for an overall inspection wouldn’t be a bad idea as it would alert you to any significant problems. Schedule a visit to our service center at Ocean Honda for a quick check-up on your vehicle.
What Can You Avoid Fixing?
There are certain things that you should fix on your car before trading it in, but there are certain things that you can avoid as they aren’t necessary. Here are some things that aren’t quite worth the time and can be avoided:
- Major repairs will more than likely cost you more than you would actually get for your trade-in.
- Some dealerships may not even include the cost of repairs in the trade-in offer.
- Many dealerships can afford the necessary repairs and still make a profit on selling your vehicle.
What Else Should You Do Before Trading in Your Car?
Now that we’ve covered what to fix before trading in your car, let’s take a look at some other things to do before bringing in your car to our dealership near Wesley Chapel:
- Have recent maintenance records handy
- Bring all of the vehicle’s accessories, including keys and manuals
- Have the title of the vehicle with you when you bring in your vehicle
While the dealership can usually find these items if you don’t bring them in, it helps the process move much quicker if you have these items on hand. Bring in your vehicle to Ocean Honda to get a great cash offer on your current vehicle, and visit our finance center for any other car-buying or trading questions.
Let Us Buy Your Car at Ocean Honda
Should you fix your car before trading it in? While you don’t have to, it will certainly help you get more out of your trade-in. Contact us to get the process started, and pay us a visit in Port Richey to trade your car for cash.
More from Ocean Honda
Fully electric 2024 Honda Prologue SUV coming soon near Tampa A new era of soon electrified Honda vehicles is coming soon to Clearwater – starting with the fully electric 2024 Honda Prologue SUV, offering versatility and driving range on par with Honda’s current lineup of rugged SUVs. The Prologue will be the first in Honda’s…
Trading in your current vehicle is a great way to get more money to put towards your new vehicle. That’s why you should do everything possible beforehand that will help increase the value of your vehicle and really make it stand out when the dealership inspects it. So, should you fix your car before trading…
Can you trade in a car that’s not paid off? You can trade in a car even if it’s not paid off, but you’ll just need to remember that the existing amount on your vehicle’s loan won’t just disappear once you trade it in, and you’ll still need to pay off the existing balance. Learn…